Welcome to the Metuchen Downtown Alliance Member Portal. Learn about upcoming events & ways to participate along with important information about programming, storefront design and grants & other helpful information to help your business succeed.
Events & Promotions for third and fourth quarter 2023 Summer Sidewalk Sale (Saturday September 9th) – Join Downtown Metuchen businesses…
Events & Promotions for first quarter 2023 MDA Annual Meeting – The Metuchen Downtown Alliance would love to see you at…
Haunted Downtown from 11am to 4pm on Saturday October 29th Activities will be all through Downtown Metuchen, if you are…
Borough Clerk – Deborah Zupan
500 Main Street
Metuchen, NJ 08840
Message from Borough Clerk: Annual Restaurant Renewal License; submit completed forms to Borough Clerk
Congratulations on your new business in the Metuchen Downtown Alliance! Please contact us to schedule your ribbon cutting.
Ribbon Cutting Guidelines
- Eligible entities are Metuchen-based, new businesses located in the district or an out of district business who becomes an affiliate MDA member.
- The MDA does not perform ribbon cuttings for Borough, local or state government, religious, or civic committees, commissions, organizations, etc.
- Ribbon cuttings are for a new business opening.
- The ribbon cutting must be done within 6 months of opening the business.
- The MDA will help the business coordinate availability with Borough officials and provide ceremonial scissors, ribbon and event photography.
Sustain & Serve NJ Grant (No Longer Active)
Eligibility Requirements for Restaurants
- 50 or fewer employees (based on the restaurant’s most recently filed WR-30 with NJDOL)
- A physical commercial location in New Jersey
- Legal registration to do business in New Jersey as evidenced by a valid New Jersey Business Registration Certificate
- Good standing with the New Jersey Department of Labor and New Jersey Division of Taxation
- Good standing with the New Jersey Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control (where applicable)
- Valid certification from municipal or county government inspection showing a current rating of Satisfactory per the New Jersey Retail Food Establishment Rating system
- Restaurants must have been negatively impacted as a result of COVID-19
- Were in operation on June 4, 2021
Meet the Merchant
If you would like to submit a request for the MDA to do a profile of a business owner please fill out the questions on the below link. We will use the answers to the questions to either do a social media post with images highlighting a business owner, or a video interview with an owner. [Questionnaire Link]
Promotions for Metuchen Downtown Alliance Members
Fill out the form below to enter your business promotion. If you have an image to be used, please email us at email@example.com