Celebrate Lunar New Year in Downtown Metuchen with the Metuchen Downtown Alliance and the Metuchen Human Relations Commission!
Learn about the culture and history of this special day, dance with Lion Dancers and enjoy crafts and stories to celebrate the day throughout local businesses.
Schedule of Events
- 11am Lion Dance performance at Metuchen Town Plaza with Metuchen High School Asian Heritage Club and Penn Lions
- Lion Dance parade with through New Street & Main Street
- 12:30pm at Metuchen Town Plaza with Korean fan dancer troupe, Korean drummers, and Lion Dance performance
- DiCosmo’s Italian Ice (20 New Street) – Special hours from 11am to 4pm with custom flavors celebrating Lunar New Year
- Genus Boni (432 Main Street) – Make origami tigers to celebrate the year of the tiger. 10% off all specialty teas
- NewMarket Metuchen (19 New Street) – Children’s story time and learn about the lion head used in traditional lion dancing (11:45am, 12:15pm, 12:45pm)
- Papillon & Co (418 Main Street) – Sobina Chi Kanter to perform a live, intimate jazz piano performance (10:20am to 11am).
- Pastry Lu (397 Main Street) – Enjoy special pastries to celebrate Lunar New Year
- Picture Perfect Studio (507 Middlesex Avenue) – Special Lunar New Year in-studio photography session call of visit their website to book
- Terrace Plant Shop (416 Main Street) – Special jade and money plants for Lunar New Year
- What’s the Scoop (457 Main Street) – Enjoy special ice cream flavors to celebrate Lunar New Year