Due to rain expected on Saturday, Haunted Downtown has been rescheduled to Friday.
Join us (if you dare!) for a spooktakular day of fun, frights and Halloween festivities all through Downtown!
Wear your Halloween costume and visit all your favorite businesses, enjoy Halloween music, play some great games on this very special Haunted Downtown! More offers and specials to follow!
This is a Haunted Downtown festival and not a trick or treating event, we encourage you to come out and enjoy Downtown Metuchen as our retailers get festive for this fun day!
Free MDA Events
- 3:30pm to 5pm – T-Rex walking through Downtown
- 2pm to 7pm – Haunted [mechanical] bull ride on Town Plaza. Note: minimum height requirement is 54″ and max weight is 220 lbs.
- Music and photobooth on Main St
- Pennywise dance off at 5 and 6pm with special guest judge.
- Who’s your Boo?!? Window messages at select storefronts
- Booger station
Business Specials and Events
- Repaint an old canvas into a Halloween masterpiece for $10. Stay as long as you want and let us take a photo of your painting to be entered into a contest to win a free class.
- Free kids meal with purchase of adult entree for any children in costume
- Gaming session for Superfight, and some gifts for our customers and kids in Halloween costumes.
- Free candy apple for the first 75 visitors in costume [2pm to 6pm].
Hailey’s Harp Cade
- Half-price appetizers at harp-cade if you wear your costume (dine in only), limited to one app per person.
- $5 popcorn bar, $3 pixie stix station, whirlypop raffle and candy count.
Metuchen Accessibility Committee
- Peace Pod for children and families with sensory considerations[4pm to 7pm]
- Spin Wheel of Metuchen News Fortune to win a special prize
Metuchen Savings Bank (back parking lot of Administrative Office on New St)
- Pumpkin carving exhibition, candy corn guessing contest and promotional item giveaways.
Picture Perfect Studios
- Spooky pop up backdrop in Cai’s Cafe. One Free 5×7 print for each family/group of friends. Go to studio at 507 Middlesex Ave to pick up free photo.
- Haunted Pumpkin Patch inside their studio [5pm to 8pm]
- Special Halloween treats for your pets
What’s The Scoop
- Johnny Cupcakes Pop-Up Shop [4pm to 7pm]
- Make your own Trick or Treat bag